The Requirements Analysis method is a 10 minute method. Using the open-source 'SysML Helper' profile takes only 10 minutes to use Rhapsody end-to-end to create a SysML project from scratch and get the requirements created in it into Rational DOORS (it takes about 1 hour to show someone how to do it).
The essential steps are:
- Create the Rhapsody project, populate a package structure with a use case diagram and setup the Rhapsody Gateway project to sync requirements into a formal module in DOORS.
- Create use cases and their related high-level requirements (goals).
- For each use case create a simplified (text-based) activity diagram of the steps including both the sunny and rainy day scenarios.
- For each step create a new, or trace an existing, functional requirement, such that all steps are covered by at least 1 functional requirement (in some cases a step may be covered by more than one requirement, or a requirement may be related to more than one step).
- (Optional) Sync all requirements into Requirements Management tool such that they can be management and tracked with allocated unique ID's.
- (Optional) Sync all diagrams into the RM tool such that they can provide additional information to support the requirements.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.